This FAQ will answer questions you may have about Atlantica. Please select a FAQ Subject Category and then click on the question to see the answer.
- Select a category
What is the minimum level to buy NX?
Please take some time to play Atlantica Online before buying NX. We want to make sure that players understand how the game works before purchasing from our Item Mall. Once you have met the minimum level requirements(level 30) you will be able to purchase NX and gain access to our Item Mall.
I purchased an item from the Item Mall, but I cannot find it in my inventory. Where is it?
Items purchased from the Item Mall can be retrieved from the Item Mall Pickup in-game.
My account was suspended. How can I get back in the game?
If you get a notice at login stating that your account was suspended and you believe this to be a mistake, please submit a Customer Support ticket here with the following information:
- Your account name
- Your character's name
- The reason for suspension
- Why you believe the suspension is a mistake
I forgot my secondary password. What do I do?
You can reset your secondary password and receive a new 4-digit code in your email address. You can also contact us here. Once you receive your temporary secondary password, you may change it to any password you wish, by going in-game, and under Setting > System you will see the Change your Secondary Password option.
What is the secondary password?
The secondary password is a 4-digit code that acts as another layer of security for your account. In the event that an account is accessed from another location, the secondary password prompt will require the user to enter the correct 4-digit code before completing the login process.
I Lost my account ID and password. What can I do to recover it?
If you cannot find or remember your account ID and/or password, you can use the following steps to recover them:
I get a "GraphicDeviceNoShaderError" when running the game. What do I do?
This error message is typically related to an unsupported video card. First make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed here. If the requirements are met, please update your drivers as well as DirectX.
I am experiencing performance issues/choppy gameplay. How can I fix it?
There could be many reasons why your gameplay is choppy. To fix this problem, try lowering your screen resolution, adjusting your graphics settings, and updating your video card drivers. If you have tried all of the above and the issue persists, one recommendation we can give you is to try to defragment your hard drive.
- Click on the Start button, go to All Programs then Accessories then System Tools then Disk Defragmenter.
- Select the C:drive(or whatever hard drive is your default).
- Click the OK button to start.
- Click on the Start button > All Programs > Accessories>System Tools > Disk Defragmenter.
- Select the C: drive.
- Click the Defragmentation button to start.
I am receiving some error message in-game about files that end with the extension '.nif'.
This error message is most often caused when the game is running on a system with multiple languages installed. For Windows XP users, please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Open the Window's Control Panel.
- Choose 'Regional and Language Options.'
- Click the 'Advanced' tab.
- Under the setting "Language for non-Unicode programs, 'select 'English (United States).'
- Apply the changes and you should be prompted to restart your computer.
My patcher and game cllient keeps freezing. What should I do?
Freezes or crashes that occur upon login or during patches are most often caused by interference from processes running in the background of your operating system. Please follow these steps to disable the unnecessary processes from running:
- Click Start and then Run
- Type "msconfig" and select "OK."
- When the msconfig box appears, select the Start-up tab.
- Select "Disable All" (if you have a wireless mouse and keyboard or wireless internet, leave those things on).
- Select "OK" and start your computer.
- IF you look at dxdiag again, your pagefile should be much lower (around 200-300mb hopefully).
- Try running the game.
- If it does not help, go back to msconfig and select "Enable All" to restore your normal startup procedure.